Sunday, May 1, 2016

Small Changes are happening keeping my eyes open..

The past few days have been stressful yet AMAZING. 

This was the first weekend that I had to go to the race track and not only one race track but two race tracks, two states all in one day. An EPIC day the went as smoothly as it could with the only interruption being in mother nature later at night shortening the event on the second event.  I spent Friday night planning and preparing and packing.  I was that person that got up at 430am and was out the door by 515am headed to the first race track with a cooler packed in hand.  In it was full of plenty of meals and snacks that were real and healthy and plenty of water.  

It was a bit weird to be eating beans, rice, chicken, cheese and spaghetti squash at the race track... 

but for the first time in my life I DIDN'T CARE!  I sat there in the middle of everything that was happening around me and ate my food with a smile on my face knowing that the choice was mine.  I stayed away from the chicken bisquits
 providing that they were free for the taking, stayed away from the restaurant full of fried foods and snacks even though I had $10 gift certificate and also stayed away from all the homemade snacks and soda that was provided by the many people. 




At the end of the day I had a headache and was annoyed at life -- but that was part of the process and I knew that. 

It's amazing what a great support system will do even if it's only one or two people -- it's who that matters.  You have to TRUST them ... I never got it before.  You have to know that "they" know you... they know what to expect and they know how you'll react.  It's the only way -- I never got it before. Thank you to my support system. 

I have my fitbit that one of my bff's got me for Christmas and I never really paid it any attention -- now I find myself really looking forward that to that random surprise vibration jolt on my wrist. It may only be 10,000 steps but it's twice as many as before and sometimes 3x as many and you know what -- i'm moving.  Moving is good. 

What it also does is keep track of the sleeping rhythms and movements... I've started out with my sleep pattern often previously looking like this (the lines measure the number of time I move or wake up) 



now they look like this .... 


a solid hours of no movement -- meaning i'm sleeping better. The best part?  I'm actually waking up and feeling refreshed and amazing! 

I also almost lost my ring yesterday when i was talking to someone and pointing ... that's never happened and in fact usually I don't even wear it because it tends to be too tight and uncomfortable.  Yet another change, my fingers are no longer swollen like they have been for as long as I can remember. 

Yet another thing is from when I weigh'd myself a few days ago I am down exactly 12 pounds... that's RIDICULOUS -- I mean i'm sure it's all fluid weight that my body was holding ... but at the same time HOLY SMOKES! That's a lot ... and in a short time -- which explains why my need to invest in Charmin needs to happen :) 

"You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it"


No comments:

Post a Comment