Friday, October 16, 2020

The bottom is a dark place.

We all have that one excuse.  

That one thing that makes what we are experiencing not THAT bad because we haven't reached that point?  When we reach that point it will finally be THAT bad --- but we aren't there yet so no need to panic. 

HOWEVER, when you do in fact reach THAT point ... life crumbles ... the walls close in ... the floor fades away.  There are no more excuses.  No more "but I haven't"(s)....

I stepped on the scale. 

Yes, I know I did it at night and we should never step on the scale at night -- they say -- who ever they are...

I spent the early part of 2020 really trying to get in shape and I've lost 20-ish pounds since my heaviest.  Good right? Well I've been in a stale mate the last few months. I've been finding that I've been letting things slide, you know, just one piece of candy here ... and then again there ... oh look the candy bowl again just a few minutes later. 

It adds up. 
I am weak. 

Do I want to some day be able to have that piece of candy or two and go on with life? 

ABSOLUTELY. 

The reality is that time is not now. 

About a month ago I can across the phenomenon of #75Hard ... it's the craze these days ... or maybe it's been the craze for awhile but I'm just now seeing it. Who knows? Who cares? I am a firm believer in signs. That was my sign.  I mean it's just 75 freaking days ... and looking at it - it couldn't be THAT hard. 

I STILL HAD EXCUSES! 

I still said oh well my schedule won't let me do it. I can't afford all the toilet paper I'll need. (Man I wish I was a guy for that part) ... and truth was ... my excuses were right. They won. I've attempted this program TWO times already and failed both of them. I've never made it to the double digit days. Nope. Never. I failed and I failed twice. 

I'm done with excuses. There are hundreds, no thousands, of people that have done this program and succeeded that have more roadblocks than me. 

I need to be TOUGH. 
I need to be STRONG. 
I need to be BETTER. 

Tomorrow I start, again, for the last time. 

October 18th, 2020 the day I start to BUILD BRENDA! 

75HARD here I come. 

Lord help me to still have a job and friends when this is over.... wish me luck -- it's about to get interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment