Saturday, October 17, 2020

Day Zero.

Tomorrow I start a journey.
Join a movement

The movement is called 75 hard

Some of you may know I’ve tried this program two times before and failed each time. 

My close friends aren’t really sure if I’ll succeed this time either but this time, I’ve surrounded myself with a group of people who are doing it too, so hopefully the accountability will be there. Plus, I’ve gotten lots of “eye rolls” and the “okay … I’ll join you for a beer in two weeks”. 

No. 

You’ll join me for that beer on January 1, 2021. 

I’m going to make this a very public attempt. I’m going to be sharing my journey, my videos and putting myself out there. 

Why?
Because why not

I’m constantly watching other people’s journey, so maybe someone will be able to watch mine and it be their motivation. Feel free to like my posts, comments, cheer and join me if you want! I’m sure the negative comments in front, or behind my back will be there, but hey… welcome to my life! I’m 39 and have been experiencing all that for probably close to 31 of them. It’s time I stop letting it affect me. Words hurt but my actions and reactions can beat them. 

You may be asking what is 75 hard

75 Hard is a movement that was created and designed by Andy Frisella.  If you’ve never heard of him or his story, I invite you to read up on him, but here’s your language warning. It’s a free program and it’s taken off … or maybe because I’m reading up on it, I’m just noticing it more. Either way, it looks easy but let me tell ya, it’s not. It’s not a weight loss program, however, that is a side benefit of it for most people. It’s a mental toughness challenge. It’s meant to make you mentally tough and get through those “hard” things. It’s got 4 sections that are meant to work through an entire year. I’m doing the first section. 

For the next 75 days, which will bring me through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years I will be doing the following: 

Drinking 1 gallon of water a day.
Water.
PLAIN WATER.
Nothing added and that means no lemons, no cucumbers, no flavoring, nothing. Water. If you’re female, start budgeting for the ‘ol TP especially if we start going into stock piling / panic mode thanks to the corona virus again. 

Reading a minimum of 10 pages of a personal development / entrepreneur book a day. However, let’s be honest, I love to read so it will be more than 10 pages, and this will be the easiest task for me each day. 

Two 45-minute workouts a day. There is a catch. Both workouts need to be consistent 45 minutes each, set breaks are fine. The workouts need to be at least 3 to 4 hours apart. This is set so that they are intentional and that you have to plan your day and make that effort. ONE of the two workouts need to be outside. In the elements regardless of what they are. However, he does say to use common sense and if you’re in a hurricane and shit is flying by you or if it’s a bad lightning storm to be smart. Being outside for your workout also means that you can’t be running in a parking deck in the rain, it doesn’t mean that you can be working out in your garage with the door open.
That’s not HARD.
Be outside. 

Take one progress photo a day. This can be just for you and is not required to be shared in any aspect, but you can if you want. However, it’s meant to show you that the scale lies and to also be disciplined.
One progress photo.
EVERY day. 

Stick to a diet or a food plan. It doesn’t need to be a “diet” but it does need to be a plan that does not involve sweet or cheat meals. The diet is task is vague, but I feel it’s vague for a reason. Whichever plan you choose is the one you need to stick with for 75 days so plan accordingly. Just remember, if you choose to count your macros, even though you may fit ice cream in your macros that’s a no-no for 75 days! 

NO ALCOHOL & NO CHEATS.
Yup… you read that right. ZERO alcohol for 75 days. Me personally? This is easy. I can take it or leave it – I drink socially, but more often than not, even if I go out with friends I still don’t drink. However, for some? This is going to be the hardest part. Yet if you’re ever looked the success stories the chains that people are able to break with alcohol and able to reclaim their life and budget are amazing! 



That’s it. 

That’s #75HARD. 

Day 1 = October 18th, 2020
Day 75 = December 31st, 2020. 


Support me.
Join me.
Wish me luck. 









No comments:

Post a Comment